We are Falling apart

Image
Texts are getting shorter!  Long conversation. Late night chats. Everything about us is falling apart.  Do you feel that.. I have started walking away from your thoughts.. Do you feel it.. I just don't want to save me But I want to save us! You are still staying apart with your ignorant self. I am dying inside. You are hiding behind your self-conscious mask. I  am losing you.. No.. I never have you.. You never let me, have you.. My concern for "you" makes you feel strangled.. You are getting annoyed with my texts.. I am good.. Maybe I am too good for you.. Or Maybe I am going over the board with your thoughts.. I don't want to bother you.. Don't any more.. I am letting you go slowly.. You never belong to me. I should stop pretending like it doesn't hurt. It does hurt. I did cry in the night. Does it hurt you! Or it's just me!

I am more than my Fair Skin and I don't want to be Cinderella


Society and its social norms, customs which have chained you in a certain way.. The society always draws certain boundaries for girls women and we have to keep our self within that boundaries.

Girls shouldn't do that. Girls shouldn't that. Girls can't do that.. I have grown up listening with "don't don't" catchphrase. Be a  Good girl... Conceal your feelings.. Hide your pains.. Be a caged Barbie doll..

There are two things which bother most: fair skin obsession of our society and Cinderella syndrome.

Yeah.. Totally.. I just hate that Cinderella story from my very childhood. But our society adores that story like a pitiful girl has been rescued by her Prince Charming.. Aww... Such a perfect story.. It’s like a girl who is living in the pitiful state must wait for her Prince Charming to come and rescue her.. Yes.. A girl can't just rescue herself and girl can't fight against all odds in her life she must need a Man in her life to rescue her. Girls are weak fragile like feathers.. Still, today it's a very appealing concept. It doesn't even matter if a girl excels in her career or study, her main ambition or goal would be like to a find prince charming for herself... It’s like a girl is totally worthless if she doesn't find a Prince Charming like me. Yeah.. I am doing my higher studies in the legal field and I am working hard yet all these my hard works are completely wasted because I fail to find a Prince Charming for me while all my classmates are getting married one by one. I seriously don't understand this logic. My aunt spilt another shocking truth for me that because of my higher education I never going to find any suitable man because men don't like highly educated women and it's hurt their ego if they find out their women are highly qualified than them. I just hate this Cinderella Syndrome.



Secondly, my society is kind of obsessed with fair skins.  Every single time I watch those fair skin cosmetic products advertisements on TV, I just want to grab them by the collar and tell them my cousin has brown skin and she is beautiful, she doesn’t need your fair skin products. My mom is beautiful too.  
Well.. I have fair skin. 

But let me tell you having fair skin is kind of big deal here. My mom shared with me that when I was born, the first question that my father had asked the doctor whether his daughter having fair skin or not. Then he literally went on with his fair skin rants.  After hearing that I have been angry for a week.  In our society most of the family has that undeclared competition: “my daughter is better looking than yours.”  And this competition held on every social family gathering.   My father used to be very proud of his fair-skinned daughter then things got complicated and unfortunately he lost the race.  The reasons of his failure were his wife and son. Yess!!!! My mom never forces me to use cosmetics, makeup or dresses up in a more girlish pretty way.  She never had been worried about her daughter’s fair skin.  Even today my mom is absolutely fine with my tanned skin while my father is disheartened….He is like “you stupid girl..look at your tanned skin..what have you done with yourself.. blah.. blah..” Then comes brother. My elder brother never treats me as his younger sister, for him, I am his younger brother. He used to take me to play football cricket with him. Yes, I have grown up playing cricket football with my brother and his friends.  I came back home with bruises and scars.. I don’t have flawless fair skin.. I have scars..  My father was busy with his office so he literally didn’t know what was I doing behind his back..  Ultimately my father gave up on this “my daughter is better looking than yours” competition because of my tanned skin and scars.  I just hate it when one of my relatives keeps throwing her tantrums in a social gathering like “ my daughter is soo beautiful… look at her..” then one day that rude lady casually told my cousin it would be tough for her to find a boyfriend because of her brown skin. I almost cursed her.



I hate this sick mentality of the people.  A girl needs to be pitiful and a girl needs to have fair flawless skin. WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who are you to judge ME!!! 

I'm more than just a number
I'm a hater, I'm a lover
Fuck your ribbons and your pearls
'Cause I'm not just a pretty girl.
Song by : Maggie Lindemann

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peace

We are Falling apart

What am I feelings!!!!